The needs of the 4th Congressional District guide Congressman Kennedy’s agenda. Deeply committed to being as accessible as possible to his constituents, Kennedy completes a ‘Tour 34’ each term, bringing open office hours to all 34 cities and towns in the district. He has permanent offices in both Newton and Attleboro, staffed with caseworkers specializing in everything from veteran’s affairs to immigration to Social Security.
Kennedy has worked hard to bring federal resources to the district, from connecting local mayors with Consuls General across the globe to bringing innovative companies like Etsy and Google to the South Coast to discuss business opportunities. He has advocated for increased funding for the Taunton River, assistance for local communities struggling to afford EPA mandates, and dependable federal dollars, from Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) to Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) grants and the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). He led efforts to have Bristol County designated as a High Intensity Drug Trafficking zone, securing critical federal funds to combat the opioid epidemic.
In particular, he has fought for the 4th District’s workers and their families. He took on the case of former nuclear workers from Attleboro’s Texas Instruments plant, resulting in over $25 million in federal health benefits. When Philips Lighting abruptly decided to close their Fall River plant, Kennedy stood with local workers to try and save their jobs. He supported local National Grid workers in their efforts to secure benefits, picketed with Stop and Shop employees standing up for fair treatment, and has spearheaded efforts across Southeastern Massachusetts to establish a nation-leading ‘Blue Economy,’ with a particular focus on offshore wind jobs and development.
His legislative agenda is shaped around the communities he represents, including bills to curb the sky-rocketing cost of energy in New England, confront the opioid epidemic and protect the manufacturing base that fuels our regional economy.
- May 20, 2020 • Press Release
- May 02, 2020 • Press Release
- March 17, 2020 • Press Release
- March 05, 2020 • Press Release
KENNEDY ANNOUNCES CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE MEETING, URGES EMERGENCY FUNDING FOR COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTERSMarch 03, 2020 • Press Release
- February 27, 2020 • Press Release
- February 25, 2020 • In The News
- January 10, 2020 • In The News
- December 12, 2019 • Press Release
- December 10, 2019 • Press Release
- November 19, 2019 • Press Release
- November 15, 2019 • Press Release
- November 14, 2019 • Press Release
- February 12, 2019 • Press Release
- December 10, 2018 • Press Release
- October 10, 2018 • In The News
- September 19, 2018 • Press Release
- August 06, 2018 • In The News
- May 25, 2018 • Press Release
- May 12, 2018 • In The News
- May 01, 2018 • Press Release
- April 26, 2018 • Press Release